Here Are Ways You Can Make A Difference At Metro
Metro Christian Academy is a remarkable place for your children to grow in Christ and flourish in their academic, athletic, and artistic pursuits. Since 1983, Metro has provided an exceptional college preparatory education built upon a robust Godly foundation rooted in biblical principles. Great things are happening within the school’s walls! Metro students are not only being prepared to go into the world with wisdom and solid moral character, but they are being equipped to make kingdom changes.
Now more than ever, Metro Christian Academy’s families, friends, and alumni play an essential role in the school’s future.
When patrons like yourself support Metro, they play a vital role in the education and guidance of young Christian students preparing to impact an ever-changing culture as disciples of Christ. The Metro Christian Academy trustees, administrators, employees, and students recognize the many ways donors contribute to the school’s success. We are grateful to you, our loyal supporters, for recognizing the value of Christian education in our children’s lives.
Metro Christian Academy relies on God’s provision through tax-deductible charitable contributions over and above tuition to sustain and enhance our programs and facilities. Metro Christian Academy’s fundraising approach is rooted in conservative economic principles guiding the school’s practices. The fundraising principles direct how funds are requested, the treatment of financial partners, and the school’s approach when asking for gifts. Metro focuses on forging a lasting relationship with the donor, regardless of the size or type of contribution. Every gift matters and every gift should be prayerfully and freely given — entrusting the school to be good stewards of the funds donated.
Metro Christian Academy understands the power of prayer, and the school covets your continual prayers. The work completed at the school is most effective when the community reverently seeks the Lord in all things, following His direction and submitting to His authority. Metro invites you to pray for the school, students, families, and staff. With your support, Metro knows the Lord will continue to bless the school and its endeavors.
Many giving opportunities exist at Metro Christian Academy offering a partnership and a variety of ways to join alongside our school in realizing the school’s mission.
Donors should discuss all non-cash or restricted gifts in advance with an Advancement Team member. We offer advice and provide documentation for all charitable contributions. You should consult tax, legal and financial advisors, however, to determine any gift’s tax implications and deductibility.
Thank you in advance for your support. Please contact a member of our Advancement Team at 918.745.9868 for more information on supporting our school.
Ways to Support
Although tuition dollars fund Metro Christian Academy, the school knows there are programs, facility needs, and items only sometimes covered by the budget. Each year, the school hosts three major fundraisers, the Annual Golf Classic in the early fall, the Metro Gives Annual Appeal Campaign in the fall, and the Metro Together | Annual Metro Dinner & Auction in the spring.
Drive for Education | Annual Golf Tournament
The Metro Christian Academy Golf Classic 2022 this past Monday was a smash. Even though the temperature was pushing 100 degrees, the scores were lower this year. The Oaks Country Club was a wonderful host for our incredible event. We had 51 teams signed-up to play.
We could not have done this event without the incredible support and assistance of all the workers and parent volunteers. A huge Thank You to everyone involved!
Click here to view the 2022 Golf Classic Tournament Photographs.
The annual golf tournament is a great fundraising event conducted each year by the Advancement Office. The proceeds earned each year help fund various programming at all grade levels. You can join us as a player, put together a team, or sponsor the event. Not a golfer? There are many sponsorship levels where your business or family has an opportunity to be recognized during the event through printed logos, signage on the hole, or recognition.
Metro Gives | Annual Appeal
METRO GIVES | METRO CHRISTIAN ACADEMY’S ANNUAL APPEAL
Every family. Every Year.
Each fall, Metro Christian Academy kicks off the Metro Gives | Annual Appeal to raise money for tangible resources enriching and enhancing the educational experience for all students and provide campus assets not included in tuition. The Metro Gives Annual Fund is critical to the foundation of Metro Christian Academy and allows the school to fulfill its mission and impact our students for a lifetime.
For over 35 years, parents, grandparents, alums, employees, and friends have supported Metro through the Annual Fund. Renovations to the Cafeteria, Elementary and High School wings, and Restrooms, upgrades to the Auditorium and Fine Arts Classrooms, innovations in Technology, the video scoreboard for Patriot Stadium, and much more have been made possible with the financial support of patrons just like you.
We have entered the month of October as we continue to celebrate 40 years of excellence at Metro Christian Academy. It also means that it is time to launch our 2022 Metro Gives Annual Appeal campaign. Our Annual Fund goals for this year are to raise $250,000 and reach 100% parent, faculty, and board participation.
Will you help us reach our goal?
Metro goes to great lengths to keep our school tuition and fees affordable and to steward every dollar entrusted to us. Tuition and fees cover the basic expenses, providing an exceptional Christian academic and extra-curricular experience for our students and their families. Thus, each year Metro Gives seeks funding for those projects that are above and beyond what tuition dollars can typically cover. Unlike tuition, this campaign is voluntary, and your donation is 100% tax deductible.
So, thank you in advance for prayerfully considering and participating in this year’s Metro Gives Campaign. Finally, thank you so much for all you do and the spirit with which you do it — as you serve God and others so well. Just go to metrocagives.com and donate online, mail in a check, or drop off a donation at the front desk or in the Advancement Office.
Every student at Metro Christian Academy benefits from Metro Gives!
PROTECTING WHAT MATTERS PROJECTS:
- Security Vestibule (click here for campaign brochure) | Implementing a contemporary vestibule equipped with an additional set of doors provides the school with the added protection of an enhanced, secure, and safe space to welcome and vet visitors to our campus. All new glazing will feature 3M Safety and Security Window Film, further increasing protection and security for our students, families, and employees from unwanted individuals in our school building.
- Renovated Entrance | The Secure Vestibule incorporates a new transparent and centralized entrance with direct visual control for the front entry site alongside exterior beautification and concrete security planters.
- Wall of Excellence | Interactive Digital Display | Installing an innovative and interactive digital display system will ehance how Metro pays tribute to our school legacy for our entire community, showcasing our talented students, faculty, and staff – both past and present. The new display wall includes attractive trophy display cases perfect for a school entryway featuring tempered locking glass doors and steel shelving to protect the awards and accolades.
- Welcome Station | Completing the Secure Vestibule project is the installation of a new Welcome/Reception Station with complementing seating. The contemporary furnishings will provide a fresh look to an area that sees the highest level of incoming visitors while maintaining the essential gatekeeping role for the health and safety of our campus.
Metro Christian Academy is thankful for your continued commitment to, partnership with, prayers for, and abundant generosity towards the school’s mission and the pursuit of excellence through Christ each and every day.
Metro Together | Dinner & Auction
Metro Together was a huge success! With over 340 in attendance at the beautiful Southern Hills Country Club, the Live Auction generated over $30,000. The highest purchased item was a precious golden doodle puppy that went to a great home. An amazing set of volunteers led by the Auction Co-Chairs Bonnie Presley and Carrie Pinter put in unheard of hours to make this event so successful. A huge thank you to all of the volunteers, donors, buy-in party hosts, attendees, and bidders.
We look forward to Metro Together 2023 on March 31, 2023, to celebrate the 40 years of Metro Christian Academy. Be sure to mark your calendars now!
Individuals and families often want to make a monetary donation to a specific area of the school such as tuition assistance, fine arts or athletics. We invite you to contact the Advancement Office at 918.745.9868, Ext. 154 to discuss ideas that you might have to give to specific areas of the school.
To donate directly to the Tuition Assistance Fund, please click here.
Patriot Resource Center Renovations
Metro Christian Academy’s Patriot Resource Center (PRC) is a unique and historically significant part of our heritage as Christian school community. Begun as a dream of Dr. Wanda Hartman in 1984, for over 30 years, the PRC has provided individual education plans to accommodate the specific learning needs of students in 1st through 12th grades. We are committed to providing individualized interventions and academic plans for students with learning differences as a fulfillment of our mission to serve the entire family. We believe that identified students need instructional strategies, curriculum, and expectations differentiated to meet their unique abilities and potential. To accommodate these student needs, small group class placement and individualized learning goals are offered to extend each child’s individual education plan.
Metro’s Patriot Resource Center provides daily educational, testing, and assessment services to over 120 students and their families while providing on-campus support to over ten faculty members. In honoring a lasting legacy of educational excellence, Metro is committed to coming alongside the PRC to provide newly renovated learning spaces, including a newly renovated learning, meeting, and work spaces for the department.
The proposed renovation includes the following:
- Workroom: $10,000
- Conference Room: $20,000
- Main Office and Reception: $20,000
- Large Testing Room: $20,000
- Small Testing Rooms: $30,000
- Total: $100,000
Patriot Resource Center Services Include:
- Special Class Placement: Small class placement is available for students with professionally diagnosed learning disabilities or other learning challenges. Special Class Placement services include individualized instruction, an IEP, and accomodations in the regular, mainstream classes.
- 504 Student Accomodations: These students do not have special class placement, but they need accommodations in their classes. The accommodations may include, but are not limited to copies of the instructor’s notes, extended time or exams, a quiet place for exams, a reader, and preferential seating in a classroom.
- Study Lab: Study lab is in place to provide a daily opportunity for students in grades 6-12 to have a structured study time with assistance as needed. During study lab, students receive guidance in developing and expanding organizational skills, reviewing classroom concepts, or completing exams from other classes.
- Book Club: Book Club is an Elementary School level program providing remediation or reinforcement of academic skills in a small class setting. Students meet daily to enhance reading or other academic skills. Diagnostic Testing is not required for enrollment, and participation is at the request of the student’s teacher and parents.
- Other PRC Services Include: After-School Tutoring, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psycho-Educational Testing
Road to the Future
Building On More. For more than 38 years of excellence, Metro Christian Academy has trained tomorrow’s Christian leaders. Students are nourished and challenged academically, spiritually, physically, and socially. Our graduates are prepared for transformational engagement in college and beyond.
With the surge in growth of students and families at Metro Christian Academy, the physical spaces and functionality of the existing buildings and campus have come under severe stress. Thus, Metro is committed to missional, bold, and progressive multi-year, multi-phased capital campaigns ensuring that we continue serving our students, their families, and the surrounding communities well. All the while, securing our lasting legacy as a regionally recognized, Christian, college-preparatory learning institution.
The proposed A Road to the Future Project Includes:
- Demolition: $100,000
- Drive, Curb, Gutter, Storm Sewer: $1,900,000
- Parking Lot: $850,000
- Security Building with Entry Sign: $250,000
- Campus Lighting: $375,000
- Landscape to Include Sod and Irrigation: $275,000
- Architectural Fees and Contingency: $680,000
- Total: $5M (subject to inflation and contractor bids)
A Road to the Future Proposed Project Scope:
- Metro’s campus is a hub of Activity all year long. This phase seeks to develop a new entryway and vehicular drive onto the school grounds, providing much needed and upgraded infrastructure, while creating a sophisticated collegiate-style campus environment. Additionally, a new and inviting outdoor play space featuriing interactive elements will be installed for our youngest Patriots.
Gifts in kind, also known as in-kind donations, are a form of charitable giving of goods and services. The donor assigns the value of the gift. Although you cannot deduct the value of your time or services, you can deduct the expenses you incur while donating your services. Please get in touch with the Advancement Office at 918.745.9868, Ext. 154 before making an in-kind donation to ensure that the school will accept the gift.
Metro Christian Academy families are encouraged to become active contributors of their time and talents. Metro parents and grandparents have many opportunities to use their God-given gifts and abilities in areas where they are passionate about contributing to Metro. To get involved, please click here.
Thank you for prayerfully considering how you can invest in the future of Metro Christian Academy. Every gift makes a difference in the school’s mission of actively preparing young men and women to engage the world and change it for Jesus Christ.
Most gifts to Metro Christian Academy are 100% tax deductible. All gifts, whether made online or via check or stock transfer, will be acknowledged by a tax receipt from Metro Christian Academy.
Metro Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or disability in
administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs,
and athletic and other school-administered programs.