A World-Class Education
Located in the Midwest, Metro Christian Academy is committed to expanding our reach and influence in the Tulsa, greater Oklahoma, national, and international communities. We encourage and embrace the experience of hosting international students in grades 8-12 on the Metro campus. The presence of the international students and their families at our school provides a priceless cultural, compassionate, and missional experience for our community.
For over 25 years, the Metro community has been learning and living alongside international students from a variety of countries. Metro Christian Academy is approved to issue I-20s for potential students to obtain their F-1 Visa. Through our International Program, and as Metro Patriots, students from around the world are immersed in a Christian community, providing an exceptional college-preparatory education framed in biblical truths while embracing a Christian worldview.
At Metro, international students are provided with countless opportunities to realize their God-given talents academically, athletically, artistically, and spiritually. The school offers a diverse and rigorous array of academic programs designed to expand each student’s knowledge, promote critical thinking, inspire creativity, and encourage collaboration with all learning abilities. We provide a variety of opportunities for students to begin mastering the English language. Our international students are exposed to American culture through field trips, school-sponsored clubs and events, and by developing healthy and lifelong relationships with coeds and their families, faculty, and staff.
To learn more about the International Student Experience and living in Tulsa, Oklahoma, be sure to click on and follow the resources below.
Choosing the United States:
An International Student in the United States
At Metro, International Students
- Represent a diversity of countries from around the globe
- Possess strong motivation to succeed in all facets of school life — academically, socially, athletically, and artistically
- Are driven to seek out opportunities to join clubs, participate in activities, and form lifelong relationships with others
- Feel safe and comfortable enveloped by the Metro community
- Honor the Christian faith — its beliefs and practices — while maintaining respect of others’ world cultures and values
Housing For Students
International students have the opportunity to live with their own families here in Tulsa or in the surrounding suburbs. Alternatively, our international students may choose to experience family life in America by being placed with a Metro Christian Academy vetted and approved Christian host family.
Through the International Student Program, Metro Christian Academy provides an assortment of student services to help provide a fulfilling experience, including:
- Designated international DOS, PSOD, and admissions administration
- I-20 processing services
- Internal counseling for transitional challenges
- Host family encouragement
- Global Ambassador Program
- Outings and activities
Required Items for Admissions
The following items are required for admissions:
- International student application
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport
- Immunization records
- 2 teacher recommendations (1 for English and 1 for math — both translated into English)
- 1 church recommendation from a pastor, lay leader, youth pastor, or principal/counselor (translated into English)
- Previous transcripts from 7th grade forward (9th-12th grades)
- Previous transcripts from 5th grade forward (7th-8th grades)
- Complete an English Language Test such as TOEFL or IELT
- Video chat interview
- Confirmation of financial resources
Metro Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or disability in
administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs,
and athletic and other school-administered programs.